Sunday, October 14, 2007

Your Neighbor's Keeper

This is not about health insurance. Well in a way it is because while I was speaking to my neighbor about their health insurance (I do this a lot) some trash blew across my foot and when I bent down to pick it up she stopped me. "Why are you doing that? Someone else will get it, you don't have to bother." "But I live here and I always pick up the stuff that blows my way, why don't you?" Now my neighbor who I have known for about 25 years stood and stared at me before replying "Nope, I don't." She turned and walked away and has been mad at me ever since. I don't get it. You own a home, or a town home, or live in an apartment and some garbage or paper blows your way you pick it up right? So, now I have organized "Your Neighbor's Keeper" weekly newspaper and I am putting it on every door of our town homes on my block (52 of them to be exact) and it will be about picking up the garbage, being responsible for their yards, watching out for our environment and making sure that everyone, whether they understand it or not is recycling. So that is what I can do to help the environment in my neighborhood. Next week is clean the retention pond day on October 15th. After all we are the keeper’s of the environment, aren't we? Peace, Margie

No comments: