Monday, October 15, 2007

Seeing The Burning Bush

Well, guess where I went today? I went to Assurant Health. Since I work for the "MGA's" office (which stands for management agency) I had to pick up the statements for our office. I live in Illinois and Assurant is in Wisconsin and it was an 80 mile trip. No biggie. My husband and I drove there together and it was a pleasant ride. But once in Milwaukee I couldn't find the building at first. All of a sudden it was there, big and white with the sun shinning on the building, it looked like a burning bush. I went in and spoke to the security guards desk in hushed tones, had to show my ID and then sign in, date and time my arrival as they looked at me with their small squinting eyes and whispered on the phone that I was to "see" someone. All of a sudden Mary showed up and it was like I was accepted into a new club. I was whisked upstairs to the second floor, laughed with the reps in the elevator, and then awarded with the guarded payroll and commission statements. I was even allowed to leave on my own. I searched the faces passing by me and wondered who was who because I called there everyday and spoke to so many that I felt like a spy who had infiltrated the enemy's camp. As I went to leave I heard a man clearing his throat as he pointed to the sign-in and sign-out book. Looking forgetful I rushed back and signed out and waved and smiled but they simply stared at me. In fact I said good-bye to everyone that was walking into the building in hopes one of them would say "I know your voice, you're Margie Mack!" But, no luck and we were soon on our way back from the holiest of all holy places, the insurance company. Oh, well, such is life, peace, Margie

No comments: