Wednesday, December 26, 2007

List Your Gols Below

I received an email from one of the insurance companies that I represent and it was a "Goal Sheet" for 2008. Here were the goals they thought I needed to address for this new year.
1. Finical & Wealth Goals.
2. Career Goals.
3. Free Time Goals.
4. Health & Appearance Goals.
5. Relationship Goals.
6. Personal Development Goals.
7. Community & Charity Goals.

Along side each box was a space for me to write in and that took up about a quarter of the page but the other three quarters of the page was labeled "High Achiever 90-Day Success Focusing System." In that section were 12 boxes labeled for each week and they want me to call, call call and sell, sell, sell and track my success. I thought I was all done with this type of hype. I feel that I need to "sell" to make a living but so much of my leads come from referrals that just like big corporations, this makes me nauseous. So I tore it up and figured that the goals that I need to set for myself have to come from me, not another business source and the people I sell to will be provided, because they always are. If we treat each other like we are suppose to then the universe has a funny way in rewarding us for our effort. This is the year I will write about the things I know and that I want to and so i will be saying good-bye to insurance and hello to my talent!

Have a wonderful New Year, I am preparing for the new year and came across a great quote. I will share it with you; Desire without action gives us freedom only when we dream. I'm tired of sleeping.

No comments: