Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Follow Up On Tests Needed

I said I would let you know on the progress I was making for the tests that my husband needed for his heart follow-up. Well, the two tests together is a cool $3000.00 and they want half up front and then healthy monthly payments. That cannot be done fro us so I went on Alexian Brothers website and I sent an email to finical aid and I am going to see what kind of assistance there can be for us. Here is the email that I sent.

Hello, my name is Margie Mack and my husband Daniel is a patient of Dr. Reddy. Dan had a heart attack in 1999 and then had to have heart angioplasty with a stint put int. We had just lost our insurance so we ended up loosing almost everything and filing bankruptcy. So, we have managed his health care as best as we can but no insurance company will cover him because of his heart attack. Now Dan needs to have a followup Stress Echocardiogram and also a Carotid Duplex. I contacted the hospital for prices and was told that the Stress test would cost $1300.00 and the Carotid test would be $1612.00. I was offered to pay have and then pay the balance over time but I do not have that amount of money to do this for my husband. I need help and I need to know if there is a program that will assist us in his quest to make sure his heart is OK. He is important to me and I do not want anything to happen to him. I appreciate all you can tell me on what to do. He is retired but cannot get Medicare yet and doesn't qualify for Medicare because I work, even though I do not make that much it is too much so he was denied.
-- Peace,
Margie Mack
630-973-8185
website:http://margaretmack.mymedicalqoutes.com
Website: www.bellytobelly-margie.blogspot.com

No comments: