Friday, November 16, 2007

The Lost Month

Well, it has been a little over a month since I have written. I had caught the cough, sniffling, sneezing,fever,runny nose and plugged up ears plague . I thought I could escape it but nope it did catch me! Also during that time I passed a kidney stone, then had the stomach flu and to make it a stellar month my bridge fell out...what a month. I survived with only 3 trips to the local emergency room and with no health insurance this was just the Christmas debt I wasn't looking for. Oh I can go on and whine and cry but it doesn't change a thing does it? You must have health insurance to help at least defer some of the cost of keeping yourself alive. During this time of illness I did manage to stay off my Jenny Craig diet and I got ten pounds back! Yippee! So, as I read my AARP Bulletin, which young and old alike should read because it effects you when you are a senior and it is going to effect you when you loose your youth, and learn it from me, everyone does. Things I am thankful for? 1. My life, I am here and making a difference for others who have the ability to have health coverage. 2. My family, for everyday I reminded by their smiling faces, and or their tears on why I fight to be here, to love them and to protect them. 3. The world, because it will never,ever end. It is not going to blow itself up, or evaporate, or heat up until we cannot walk on it. I do not believe that this will happen to us because Mother Earth, well she has survived every kind of Cancer and the treatments that we have inflicted upon her, right? So here is to us, I am thankful for you, what are you thankful for? Peace, Margie

No comments: