Friday, November 30, 2007

Heart To Heart

As I have mentioned before, my husband and I have no health insurance. So, it has been two years since he has had any tests done for his heart and with a person that has had a heart attack that is just plain stupid. So I called out cardiologist’s office to make sure that I know what they will charge us for the doctor’s visit for my husband. Without insurance the cost is $50.00 to $300.00. I was really unhappy with that answer and his billing office couldn't help me anymore with this so I called Dr. Reddy directly. I was put in touch with his nurse to explain our situation and after that we will have to schedule Dan for a stress test. I wanted to get some idea of cost so for Dan to do this test in the doctor’s office the cost is $283.00 and for the test to be done in the hospital I was not able to obtain an actual price for this. I heard about the program that Larry King created called the “Larry king Cardiac Foundation," and figured it wouldn't hurt to look them up and see what was offered.

The mission of the Larry King Cardiac Foundation is to provide funding for life saving cardiac procedures for individuals who, due to limited means and no insurance, would be otherwise unable to receive life saving treatment. The website address is;
http://www.lkcf.org/site/PageServer.

Wow! I couldn't’t believe that this was even an option. I read through the stories and I saw all the options that there were and I filled out an application for my husband because he has just as much of a chance to get some help if there is help available right? So I will wait and see and I know that there are people out there that are willing to help you if only you seek. What is that saying? “Seek and you shall find?”

As for our doctors visit that is on Monday,December 3rd I will keep you posted. It is a harsh reality to be treated the way you are when you do not have the proper health coverage verses not having any at all.



Peace,

Margie

No comments: