Sunday, November 16, 2008

What You Deserve

o I was sitting here thinking about the countless stories that I hear about the lack of or loss of health insurance. I hear from people what they "want" for their coverage. It is kind of like requesting a meal.

“ I want a medium rare steak, but it has to be broiled not fired and oh...I want caramelized onions and then the gravy (not to watery) from the steak and the onions has to be poured on my very whipped potatoes, but the potatoes must be from Idaho not Ohio because the potatoes from Idaho are the real deal. Then I want the chocolate cake that has the rum filling with the real dairy whipped cream on top (not the fake stuff that has all the preservatives in it), and then I will be happy. But wait, I need an espresso at 301 degrees with a light foam on top but I will need room for cream…uh…use the real cream, ok?”

That is what I hear when I am told by people what they want in their health insurance plan. Wow...wow...we have become so spoiled and fat. I will be the first one in line to say that I need to trim all things down in my life. But I do not have the "normal" health insurance plan so co pay, drug cards, wellness benefits, those things are really not the "norm" anymore.

Please take the time before the New Year is here and write your list on what you want, what you can afford and what you deserve. I will ask you this questions once more. What is your health insurance for? I have the answer do you? Please write to me @ mack.margie@gmail.com and the one that gets it right gets some homemade banana bread made by me sent to you.
Peace, Margie

No comments: